Saturday 28 April 2007

Setting up the blog

Publish what you read.

As a happy user of Google Reader, reading its blog, I have come across article telling that it is now possible to integrate shared feeds with BLOGSPOT

Expand your post summaries.

Another thing I wanted to do on my BLOG is to be able to get the posts to become expandable. This help article described, how to do it. But since I am using non-standard template, I needed to change code managing blog entry. Because the one suggested, did not work. Here is the changed code:
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType != "item"'><br />
<a expr:href='data:post.url'>Read more...</a>
</b:if>

Adding RSS icon

I have spent some time trying to add simple feed icon Site Feed to the bottom of the BLOG. The BLOGSPOT help was great, but yet again suggestions did not help me - because of custom template in use. Firebug came to the rescue though. I was able to inspect the page to locate relevant DIV entry and then add the icon as required.

Other hints on BLOG setup.

Hackospere, Widgetry, Categories

3 comments:

Paul Bartlett said...

Congrats on taking the plunge... It's tough to keep up with posting, but definitely worth it :)

kbac70 said...

Thanks for an encouraging first comment, Paul :)

kbac70 said...

... and usual one more thing ;)
Just made a GOOGLE query for my full name and got pleasantly surprised to still be included on the sites like Delphi32.com or Torry's pages showing my old contribution to the Delphi VCL world. Another one is by InfTool, I once used and translated.

All of this is before my too busy grasshoper times though:(